Maintenance & Cleaning
Storm Water Services provides maintenance for all stormwater controls such as drywells, catch basins, drill holes, sumps, oil/water separators, sedimentation manholes, etc.
These stormwater controls are used to prevent pollutants from entering the subsurface which has the ability to directly contaminate our drinking water. This is why periodic cleaning/removal of the sediment, oil, garbage, hydrocarbons, (etc.) is so critical.
Another key reason for routine maintenance is to ensure the longevity of the storm drain itself. We have seen firsthand how underground injection control (UIC) devises such as drywells or drill holes can fail due to little or no maintenance. Once a drywells fails, the only option may be complete retrofit, costing the property owner thousands of dollars.
We offer our clients flexible site specific contracts for routine maintenance. Depending on the site and the storm drain type maintenance will be scheduled and performed on a quarterly, bi-annual or annual basis.
Our stormwater maintenance services include the following:
- Cleaning - Sediment, water and debris removal from storm drain
- Visual Inspections of the site to check sediment levels, check structures and other pipes for blockage
- Remove and replace exhausted filters as needed
- Event Sampling - Perform sediment sample for testing
- Sediment disposal according to Local, state and federal regulations
- Submit required Maintenance Reports to DEQ when applicable